Wednesday, January 20, 2010

THE CAKE!

My son is 2 years old!!! TWO! It came and went so quickly I hardly recognized that it was here. His actual birthday was last Wednesday, the 13th, but Jason had a test to take in Chicago so we pushed it off a bit. Actually, it was kinda weird because we opened a few presents Wednesday with Jason before he left and then a few more were spread out over the next couple of days culminating with the CAKE! Finally! On Sunday. I kept trying to work on it earlier but for me it was quite the undertaking and I just kept putting it off again and again. Finally, it was unveiled Sunday night, AND was quite well received.

I do have to give a little warning. There's going to be a lot of pictures involved. As his birthday was approaching I decided to start a scrap booking project for Zach and was going through the last year in pictures when I realized that 2 weeks from last January were missing. Just GONE! We have no idea what happened to them, but they are lost. Sadly, his 1st birthday was included in those pictures. I would have been completely depressed but I remembered that I had posted them here on the blog. There weren't a lot but there were some, so I don't feel like it's a total loss. As a result, I'm going to post a bucketload of pictures here so they are safe. ; ) Enjoy? Or ignore, I guess these are kinda more for me.

Here's the Cake! I have to say, it was a whole lot easier this time around than the last few I've done. I just might be getting the hang of it!
Zach was pretty good at blowing out the candles (video to come later)
We had to let him do it over and over again.
Then, since it was just us and a BIG cake, we just gave it to him and let him enjoy.
First he licked the edges.
Then, after he poked the frosting a bit, he started to turn the cake in circles and taste it all the way around. It was at this point that Jason and I decided we could live without cake that evening.
Ah, destruction! Such a beautiful cake. I had to pat myself on the back a little bit for being able to allow this to happen to my beautiful cake. At least I got a picture. ; )
And the AFTER shot. I think Zach enjoyed his birthday cake.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Yowza!! Great cake! Sounds like an excellent way to spend a birthday...presents spread over a week, culminating in a face-stuffing cake. I could live with that! :)

The Gray Gang said...

Swwwweeet cake. you did an awesome job!

Tami said...

Great looking cake! You must really love him to let him do that to your masterpiece. Happy Birthday, Big Boy!!