Friday, January 8, 2010

Snowed In!

Since we've been gone for so long I sort of forgot what happens around here when it snows. I mean REALLY snows. We got about 10 or 12 inches of snow yesterday. Since Jason is out of town, I went out during Zach's nap time and attempted to get some shoveling done about midway through the storm but my belly made me call it quits after I got the area around the doorway cleared off. I was still pretty proud of myself. Sadly, I woke up this morning to find that my efforts had been in vain. I actually had to push the snow out of the way to get the door open so that I could take the trash out. Our trash cans are currently sitting on top of the mountain of snow created by the neighborhood snowplow. I don't know if you can tell by the picture but it's actually well above my knee! It's days like today that I REALLY wish we had invested in a snowblower. (note: the neighbor's driveways are all perfectly cleared- I woke up to a symphony of snowblowers. I'm GREEN with jealousy!)

1 comments:

Shelley Bowman said...

we've got a bit of the white stuff too... snow blowers are for pansies - at least those of us who also don't have one have to have some sort of excuse to help with that green face :) PS loved the high heels - Scott frequently has his own turns!