Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

We had a great 4th of July. We had a picnic at Greenfield park. Mom and dad had been there before but didn't drive around very much and had no idea it was so big. There were a lot of people there but we found a nice area with only one guy fishing off to the side.

Mom and dad couldn't decide what "picnic food" was so mom went to jimmy johns and dad got a hamburger at Culvers. I had peaches. I don't know what they were thinking. peaches are way better than either of those.

I was so excited to feel the grass between my fingers. It was cool and tickly. I really enjoyed wiggling my fingers and toes in it. Mom had to keep a close eye on me because, as my shirt said "Caution Will Eat Sand"... and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on.


We found a school of tiny fish swimming along the banks of the lake. They were so tiny and it was neat to see them all swimming together like one strange ball creature. When we looked closer we could see they had wiskers so dad thought they must be catfish. I had no idea that catfish swam in swarms like that, or that they started out so tiny. We looked them up on the internet when we got home and dad was right! They were catfish. We also saw a big snail, a funny looking dragon fly and a family of ducks. What a great day!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I was looking at the "old" pictures and I've already forgotten what he looked like with dark, long hair!

Gretchen said...

you have a blog!! I can't believe how old your baby is! how are things going?