Monday, March 28, 2011

Kyle is One!

My goodness time sure flies doesn't it. My little baby is officially one year old. I can't believe it! Now, just a little warning... when Zach turned one we took a bunch of pictures and then by some catastrophe of technology they were lost. Luckily, I had posted a few of my favorite pictures on the blog so we at least had those safe. As a result of that, I plan on posting bucketloads of pictures from Kyle's birthday to make sure they too are safe.


So, here's the birthday boy looking all debonair. I made him this shirt with a big one on it and written at the bottom of the one in bright blue is the o-n-e. It turned out way cute but sadly, a little stiff since my sewing machine is on the fritz and I had to use iron-on stuff. Oh well, it's not like you could really see it anyway... it's the thought!
I put together a buffet of goodies for our guests to enjoy along with little goody bags in hopes that they would take home as much as possible. (Sadly, I think I still ate the bulk of it myself)

It's a bit of an awkward photo of people's backs but this gives you an idea of the sweet streamer decor that Jason put together.
Of course, Zach had to join in on the present opening.
The Cake... TA DA!


We ended up giving Kyle a chocolate cupcake since "the cake" was white cake (all I had) and for some reason I've always thought the birthday boy MUST have chocolate.
He was pleased.

VERY pleased!
He even stole the cupcake from the little girl sitting next to him. Luckily, she was basically done.
I sure love my little boy!

2 comments:

shailapew said...

Happy birthday, Kyle!!! Such a cute party...and hey...those are some pretty darn good looking walls. Well done, Jason! Wish you guys lived closer so we could have witnessed this celebration in person, but the pictures make it look great. Hope all is well, Teryn. -post script: I WANT YOUR HAIR!!! : )

Becky said...

Oh Teryn you are such a good mommy. I'm always amazed at everything that you do. Kyle is a DOLL!!! He is just so cute in his little yellow shirt.