Monday, February 7, 2011

Another update on the state of my Kitchen


What do you think? Should we keep it this way?
If your wondering what in the heck we are thinking with this awful paint job, don't worry. It's not paint.

It's actually patch. Our walls were terribly textured. I'm not sure I can even describe it. There was texture in some spots and not others. There were holes that had been roughly filled. There were big bumps along every seam in the drywall. We knew that when we painted over the poopy green with a nice soft color these bumps would stick out terribly so we decided to smooth it all out. In the case of the far wall, we actually ended up tearing it down completely and re-drywalling it. The rest of the walls we are just going to coat in patch and sand down to make them nice and smooth. It might look terrible now but I'm actually starting to get excited. I can already tell how much brighter the whole area is with the green covered up. It is slow going though and until we can get it all done I'm afraid I'm going to have to deal with a constant coating of dust throughout the house. Yuck! Hopefully this goes quickly.

0 comments: