Sunday, November 7, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude: Prayer

Today's lesson in Relief Society was on Prayer and I just couldn't NOT put it up as my thankful post for today. I really am so so so grateful for the power of prayer and the knowledge that I have that I can speak with my father in Heaven when I need him.

I have always had a strong testimony of prayer. So much so that I think I almost take it for granted... if that makes any sense at all. I just always think, "oh I'll just pray about it" without really thinking about how very amazing that is. Whether it's a deep need for comfort during a hard time, or requesting guidance on making a decision, I always know I can turn to my Heavenly Father. I'm never alone, even if all I need is a little reassurance that I'm on the right track. The last few nights have been pretty tough as we are trying to teach Kyle some better sleep habits. I was pretty exhausted last night and as I prepared to transition him into his bed at 3 a.m. I was fully expecting him to wake back up and stay awake for at least two hours. That's what he did the last few nights anyway! But before I made the move I said a quick prayer asking for sleep, knowing we would need to wake up early for church and worrying that Kyle would wake up Jason as well. He slept! Some might say that it was a coincidence or that the sleep training of the previous few nights was working. I say, prayer works. Sometimes not the way you expect or want, but it works.


Now, since that was a little on the serious side, here's a little comic relief.
Kyle as Hanna Montana! (the little green toy is actually supposed to be a microphone if you couldn't tell)
Blonds do have more fun after all.

0 comments: