Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude: Fall

There's just something about the changing seasons that get's me so excited. Everything seems to be shifting and changing into some new version of itself. Leaves, weather, even my boys seem to be changing and growing up more and more every day.

We took a rare moment with Jason this week to go and pick our own pumpkins. We found a pumpkin patch where we were able to go out and pick our own pumpkins right off the vine.

Zach had to show me how strong he was as he tried to pick up this gigantic pumpkin. He finally gave in saying, "Too heavy mom!"
But this one was much more lift-able.
Yet another giant pumpkin had him perplexed.
Till he realized it made a decent bench to "take a break" as he says.
I loved that he was actually able to see where pumpkins come from, especially since it was with his dad.
Kyle was all smiles the whole time. All I had to do was look at him and he would grin at me with a sparkle in his eyes. He just loves to be outside! Anytime, anywhere.
Finally the boys found their perfect pumpkin. Warts and all!
And my sweet boys even humored me with a photo op. Though I'm not so sure Kyle is very impressed.
This was my favorite picture of the day. They get along so great and you can really see how much they love each other.
"OK mom, enough with the pictures"

I really do think this is my favorite time of year. I love the colors! I love the food! I love the sense of holidays quickly approaching and I'm so excited to share them with my two sweet boys and fantastic hubby. I know Thanksgiving isn't until November but I just really feel like this whole season is a time for thanks and I just don't think I can express how thankful I truly am for all that we have right now.

2 comments:

MossPosse said...

I LOVE that you jumped on board with the Attitude of Gratitude challenge! And you do so well with it!! Very cute tubby and pumpkin patch photos. It always helps beautify a blog when the poster has a fancy photo and the skills to match. Keep it coming!!

Melinda said...

You miss me much? After I changed my background I lost several blogs and couldn't remember them all. Then I got to wondering what was up with you and realized I hadn't seen any posts. That's when I realized I didn't see posts because I didn't have your blog. Drats!! Well, I'm back now. And I love your gratitude posts - so worth it to remember things like that! Hope to comment on here lots more, and hear from you, too, every now and again!

BTW, you desperately need to change that family photo - you know you're missing a kid from it, right? :) :)