Friday, August 27, 2010

Zach's Urgent Care Adventure

Did you know that a simple mosquito bite can be dangerous? That you can end up making a late night trip to urgent care for antibiotics? I didn't!!

I didn't really think much of it when Zach woke up from his nap Wednesday night and his leg looked like this...
(yes his toes are painted red... he informed me that pink polish is for girls and red is for boys and then insisted that I paint his big toes- but that's not what this post is about so, moving on...)

I just figured it was a nasty reaction to a mosquito and that it would die down. I did notice that his swollen leg was hard, red and pretty warm to the touch so I pointed it out to Jason. He immediately told me to call the doctor and go in that night. Apparently, it's called cellulitus and it's an infection that sometimes can move really fast and be very painful. Luckily, we caught it in the early stages and were able to get some antibiotics in him. that night. Hooray for having a handy hubby!

1 comments:

KIM, ARNIE, AJ, RILEY, & DAISY said...

Handy and/or DOCTOR! I still can't believe it! Sad legs but kyle is cute eating his feet. He and Riley would be friends cuz she also enjoys eatig her feet.