Monday, February 8, 2010

Set 2

Three more pages done from Zach's second year. Hooray! I'm halfway there!
Here's April, May and June.
It's been really fun to look through our scrapbook pages with Zach. He get's so excited about them. This is WAY better than reading the same Dr Seuss, Blue's Clues, or Thomas books.

As for the latest updates on Zach. He's just starting to feel better from some kind of yucky bug. We're thinking it was probably bronchitis. It made for a few rough nights as he would wake up with a fever and then either me or Jason would lie down with him until he went back to sleep only to wake up again a few hours later. Still, he was a real trooper and didn't complain much during the day. We just had a lot of cuddle time. (no complaints there!)

Zach has now discovered a new obsession. BLUE'S CLUES! I'm not sure how we didn't get sucked in sooner. (could it be our lack of cable tv?) Each morning and throughout the day he will run to the TV and start to say, very emphatically, "BOO BOO". Which is cute enough in itself but my favorite part is that he opens and closes his hands just like the main character in the show does whenever he says "Blues Clues". (If you aren't familiar with the show, it's a bit like a variation on jazz hands.) I have a video of it but, unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to upload for some reason. Sorry!
:::warning, MOM zone ahead. Beware of excessive bragging and googling over one's own child. I realize it's just the normal progression of a toddler but I'm his mom so I'm allowed to be excited about it. So THERE!:::
Now, even though I'm not a HUGE fan of letting my kid watch a bunch of TV I'm actually pretty excited about this one because it seems to have spurred a sudden influx of linguistics in my otherwise mute toddler. He gets totally involved. He'll jump up and run to the TV to point to the "COO" and he even "sings" along with a few of the songs. Just within the last few days he has started to answer the questions on the show... with REAL words. This morning he finished Joe's sentence "The handy dandy..." and Zach shouted "NOTEBOOK". I was totally caught off guard. This is my child who had a vocabulary of maybe 12 words only a week or so ago. He even told me the colors of each of his trains this morning. He obviously knew which were "Boo" since he is a follower of Blue's Clues and all. But he kept going with "Geen" and "Le Le Loh"(yellow, in case you couldn't guess). The one that actually surprised me was that he knew Toby the train was "Bown". I've been just bursting with pride ever since. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but when it's your kid, somehow even the silliest things can really get you. SO, I apologize once again for my bragging.


0 comments: