Friday, October 23, 2009

Felt Board Fun

I've been meaning to work on this one for a while now. Finally, I buckled down and I'm really happy with how it ended up. Zach LOVES this book "Freight Train" By Donald Crews. It's super simple, just describes each colored car and then tells where the train goes. The drawings are very simple but he loves it- he basically loves anything train related. I figured it would be a perfect felt board story so I traced each car on it's respective color and WHA-LA! We now have our very own Freight Train. We are missing the purple box car because I didn't have any purple but I still think it will be a great learning tool for colors.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That's cute! Looks like you're still being busy with crafts! I saw this adorable site with a whole felt 'fort' and thought of you. It's called 'madebyjill' and is on my sidebar.

Annette W. said...

I thought I'd let you know that after seeing your felt train, I am reposting our paper train based on the book, too. It will be later this week. I'm linking to you, too! (Unless you prefer for me not to.)

silly eagle books said...

I LOVE this! We just bought the book, now I have a good "make your own toy" idea--thanks! I know my daughter would enjoy it.