Monday, March 16, 2009

The Domes

Today we went to visit the Domes downtown. They are these giant domes (duh!) that house gardens from different climates of the world so that you can experience the beautiful plants from those places. They have free entrance for Milwaukee county residents on Monday mornings so we were excited to take advantace of some free fun!
It was also the last week that the Lego exhibit would be there. What could be better than trains and foliage right?

Here's the ceiling- it actually made me a little dizzy to look up at it.
Here you can see the next dome through the windows. Plus- I just liked the picture.
Zack was totally enthralled with the trains and would jump up and down pointing and grunting like a monkey whenever they came by.
Here's Chicago- Lego Style
Here's Zach literally drooling over the trains.
We saw cactus in the desert dome- these are Barrel Cacti.
We saw grapefruit, cocoa, and BANANAS in the tropical dome.
And some pretty cool flowers to.
All in all I think it was a really fun trip. Until Zach sat on his milk and it popped open spilling all over his stroller, and his bum. I guess that was our signal that it was time to go home. We both enjoyed it very much and I think we just might have to make it a regular experience.

1 comments:

Melinda said...

I can't believe we missed you! We were there from 10:30-noon. Shucks. Anyway, I love your pictures and you'll be able to see more of the same on my blog and Jenny's blog.