Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bathtime

I always love those cute shots of kids enjoying thier baths, but woe... up until now I have not had the guts to post any of mine. THIS is why....
No, not the sad faced kid in the center of the photo. The background. That yucky, icky black streak that screams out from behind a precious picture of a squeaky clean little boy. Yes, his face does reflect my own opinion of the bathtub situation as it stood.

NOW... before you judge. I do actually clean my bathroom on occasion. I really do! This streak was due to a badly sealed silicone job long before we moved here. I tried everything, I bleached, I scrubbed. Even Jason, the cleaning GURU was unable to conquer the black plague. Much to my dismay it was actually getting WORSE! Whatever little mold gremlin that had snuck itself under the silicone was multiplying.

Finally we took matters into our own hands. (My "we" I mean- I begged and Jason did the leg work.) I cleaned the bathtub real good and then Jason scraped out all of the old silicone and replaced it with new- black FREE- silicone.

Now I can go hog wild with the happy bathtub scenes as such...

MUCH Better right?

And once again, Zack's face reflects my own feelings on the bathroom situation. He's all smiles!




7 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

we have that same problem in our bathroom. i need to call the landlord and see if they will do it... doing it myself sounds easier then dealing with them though!

Melinda said...

I need to do that too...is it a Wisonsin thing?!

Cute pictures, by the way!

Andrea said...

haha! funny post! I finally found something that worked on most of my moldyness-clorox clean up with bleach-it somehow worked even better than straight bleach...but we still have some lovely blackness in our tub.

Lisa said...

He is SO cute!! Happy late B-day Zack!!

Lisa said...

He is SO cute!! Happy late B-day Zack!!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

FANTASTIC bathtub pics! Love love love them. Teryn, you're not only a great writer but a superb photographer as well. And congrats on the new bathtub line. Ahhhh.... I know how things like that make the whole house feel better.