Saturday, January 10, 2009

Landmark

Tuesday is Zach's first birthday and I can not believe how much he has grown up. Just in the last two weeks even! Before we left for Idaho he was just starting to scoot along the floor- VERY slowly. Now he flies across the room. Before Idaho he didn't know the stairs existed. Now he takes every opportunity to practice maneuvering both up and down the stairs.

Before Idaho Zach was completely dependent on me for his nourishment, now... just watch. (Awww.... I might cry. Again!!!)

4 comments:

Jules said...

You are a better woman than I. You are doing a great job there at reinforcing independence and developing motor skills. At that point in my sons' lives, I was probably planting seeds of OCD and mess-a-phobia! Keep up the good work.

Tami said...

What a big milestone in a guy's life...darling video. I love the food flipping on the wall and the floor, too. :D Too cute!! Happy Birthday, Zach!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for letting Zach flip food everywhere while he is learning to feed himself. I think I fed his dad and his uncles until they were 6 to avoid the mess and to make sure that they had eaten enough to keep them happy. What antics I went thru to get them to eat!! I hung toys from my teeth to distract them so that I could sneak 'bites' into their mouths. What a great mom you are!! I sure love that baby boy!!

Andrea said...

Impressive! way to go zach, or zack...