Monday, November 10, 2008

6 Quirks

I was tagged by Kim a Loooooooong time ago and have failed miserably at continuing this tag. To be honest, I was a little stumped though. This tag was to list 6 quirks about myself- then tag 6 people. Sorry Kim but I was brainstorming. But I thought it might be kinda fun to see if anyone had some ideas for me. Whoever out there actually reads my blog, whoever out there know me best. What do you see as my quirks?

Here's what I've come up with.

1)ADD- I'm not officially diagnosed or anything. But I did a test online where if you had more that 7 indicators you were "probably" ADD- I had 28. My co-workers will attest to my ability to start one thing and halfway through head out into a completely different direction. Almost to the point of not even finishing my sentences. You should see me attempting to clean the living room, I mean kitchen, or was it bathroom... what are we talking about?

2)I don't do Dates- I mean I love GOING on dates. I just don't keep track of dates well. I did terrible in history class. I would memorize and memorize and memorize and the next day I wouldn't be able to tell you if the constitution was written in 1823 or 1954. And yes, as terrible as this is- it translates to birthdays as well (and other important relationship milestones-ooops). Those reading this... I love you all... I just probably won't remember. I'll be honest- so please remind me.

3)I have no concept of time- none at all. Maybe it's related to my issues with dates as well. Maybe the spacial reasoning section of my brain shorted out on me as a kid or something. If there's not a timer going, whatever I have on the stove WILL BURN! (heck it's probably going to burn regardless- who'm I kidding)

4)I sing with the radio- ALWAYS! Do you remember that old reality show where they put hidden cameras in people's cars to catch them singing. I would TOTALLY win! I sing even when people are with me but you should see, or I guess we should say hear, what happens when I'm alone. It's not pretty- I can tell you that much right now.

5)I sleep crooked. This drives Jason crazy but I MUST sleep at a nearly 45 degree angle on the bed with my head toward the top right and my feet toward the bottom left. If I try to sleep straight I feel like I'm falling backwards. Crazy, I know. Doesn't make sense, I know. Maybe it's the magnetic polarity of the boxsprings? Ha!

6)I hate chalkboards- worse than pretty much anything. I can't touch them. I can't write on them. I'd rather not be anywhere near them. They are horrible! Even just thinking about a chalkboard makes my fingertips tingle and my teeth itch and my ears ache. :::cringe::: Can we make a law prohibiting the use of chalkboards? Sure, there will be bootleggers- and underground. They can have them!

Wow, I did come up with 6- good for me... I guess. Really, that just means I truley am strange. Anybody know any other funny quirks of mine? Please comment below...

Oh and Tag to Melissa, Andrea, Gretchen, Creed (lol- ought to be good), Julie and Becky- sorry guys but I expect some good stuff from you. :)

3 comments:

A Little R and R said...

Hahaha. You are so funny. I love it! I'm glad that we are blog friends. Now we can keep in touch better. Hopefully. :-)

Tami said...

These were GREAT! One of the best quirky posts ever! Glad to know this side of you...I'll remember to keep all my chalkboards well hidden the next time we're in the same town...and I'd love to go with you some place just to witness the radio singing phenomena. :)

Jules said...

I posted some of my quirks on my blog in October when a friend from our dental school years tagged me. However, I was accused of not disclosing very quirk-ish quirks, so I'm brainstorming!