Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween

So, I know it's not QUITE Halloween yet but here in Wisconsin today is the day for Trick-Or-Treat and even though our little one isn't quite old enough for the candy we still just had to take part in the festivities. This is his first Halloween after all! I know- I know- we went with the old stand by baby costume. It's not the most original, I realize that. The thing is- I am a stickler for tradition. I was a pumpkin for my first Halloween. As were my sisters and my brother so why shouldn't I put my child through the same torment.
I actually tried to get my hands on the very same costume I wore as a child but alas it has been lost to storage and has yet to be retrieved. So I went on a search for a similar costume. There were TONS of pumpkin costumes but none had UMPF! They were saggy or flat, all around boring. I turned to the patterns to see if I could find the one my mom used for mine. No such luck. I did manage to find one through Simplicity but it wasn't quite it either. I settled. But then I had to search 4 different stores to find it. Then I added my own twist. I did some embelishing around the face and I added filling. I poofed it. That's the UMPF I was looking for. The POOF! What pumpkin doesn't have POOF!?!Truth be told though- after all that trouble- I couldn't care less about the poof. I know I'm biased but I think this kid would have looked just as cute in a painted paper bag. The smile would have been just as big, and the eyes just as bright. I just can't get enough of him.

7 comments:

Kirstin said...

What an adoable jack-o-lantern. Don't even need a candle to light up the eyes, they are already sparkling!

Sharon said...

He's the cutest pumpkin this Grandma Great has EVER seen. We ould love to squeeze him.

Anonymous said...

Det var morro å se på bildene. har vist dem til mormor også. Hun er ikke så flink med internet men har blitt flink med vanlig email så skriv gjerne noen rader til henne på ; oldemormor@live.no
Hun klarer jo ikke lese engelsk vettu!

Send gjerne meg noen rader også om du vil ;-) janita19@hotmail.com Klem Janita

Anonymous said...

ps; fortell dine søsken også og gi dem adressen hennes, hun vil så gjerne høre fra dere alle vettu!!!

KLem Janita

adr; oldemormor@live.no

Tara Bennett said...

=)

Amy said...

Kids' first Halloween is always fun! We took ours around and kept the candy for us!! Isn't it great to be parents?!! Those pics on Gretchen's blog were wild!! Can you believe it's been that long ago?!

Anonymous said...

You made that all by yourself? WOW! Now that's a talent I haven't been blessed with --- the sewing talent. That costume is adorable. I love the fluff :)