Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Quilt

I just had to share my latest project. I don't really have much sewing experience and really have no idea what I'm doing but this funny thing happens whenever I step into the fabric/craft store. Instantly, my mind is running a million miles a minute and I end up spending hours gazing at different fabrics or patterns, dreaming of what I could do with them.






I recently came accross this idea on make-and-takes to have an "I spy quilt". Basically, there are two of each pattern and the child can play I spy as they search for the matching pieces. Considering my little boy is only 8 months old and I've never actually made a quilt before, I opted for the super-simplified version with larger sqares and made it a "mini". I had been thinking of doing something like this when some friends of mine said they were going to make tummy time quilts with different textures for the babies to feel. I loved the idea and decided to combine them to create a textile-mini-I-spy-quilt. I have silky, bumpy, rough, terry cloth, soft, smooth, and fuzzy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the quilt! What a great idea. I'm not great at sewing either, but this looks like it was pretty easy.

mrsmouthy said...

Awesome idea! I'm not sure how one goes about complimenting a quilt, but it looks very neat and square-ish, which I'm sure is more than you would ever be able to say about any sad attempt I could ever make.