Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zach learns to feed himself...

Doesn't this GQ pose just make you want to run out and buy whatever baby food I'm selling? I mean... really! How many kids can look THIS suave with oatmeal and squash from head to toe.
So, here's the story. I recently decided that I was way too cool for bottles. They are for babies after all. Why would I need one? In an effort to help me get more to drink, mom has taken on the challenge of teaching me to use a sippy cup. Attempt number one resulted in me finding great joy in gnawing on the tip. Yet, I still refused to suck any of the juice out of it.

This time Mom decided to take out the flow control valve in the cup so that I didn't have to really suck, in hopes that I'd figure out what to use the sippy cup for. She knew that this was going to be a pretty messy situation so she put my in my blow up baby pool and got ready to offer the cup. Then she thought she may as well take advantage of this messy opportunity and add to the mix by giving me some control of the spoon and food intake. I'm not sure if anyone has done research on this, but I'm pretty sure that food tastes better if you smear it all over yourself in the process of eating it.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

How adorable is that! Way to go Zach!!

KIM, ARNIE, AJ, RILEY, & DAISY said...

He is so dang cute!! And big! I can't wait to be back and see all these babies in action!