Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ta-DA!

So I did it!!! I actually changed my blog. I worked with HTML! I did computer stuff... ALL BY MYSELF! (Oh, this is mom speaking by the way. I realize some of the earlier posts have been written in Zach's voice-not this one. Though we probably have equal computer skills)

I've been thinking about this blog stuff recently. Why am I having a blog? Though I do enjoy bragging about my fantastic child, I wonder if there could be more in this for me. Could this be a venue for my thoughts? A place to vent? A search engine for useful information? I'm not quite sure what direction I want to go with this but I do think it deserves some thought.

Believe it or not, I used to have a knack with the pen (or keyboard I should say). When it comes to technicality, verbs and adverbs and whatnot, I'm not so good. Especially spelling!!! Still, I remember a time when I would sit down at the computer and let go. Poetry, prose, short story, debates- it made me feel alive. Maybe this is my chance.

I'll tell you the truth. This didn't all come to me out of the blue. I recently came across my long lost cousin Heidi's page. I haven't gotten to talk to her in years so I thought I'd catch up on life by reading her blog (An American Scholar in my blog list). It was great! She talked about wedding plans and books to read, falling in love and the big decisions that come with it. Now, I don't have quite as many huge life altering moments to write about right now, nor am I the caliber of author that she is but I'd like to give it a shot. So, Thank you Heidi for inspiring me. Hopefully someone will find my blogging at least somewhat interesting. I think the first topic I will tackle shall be..... PHOTOGRAPHY ..... it's something I've been wanting to get into for some time. Stay tuned!

0 comments: