Friday, December 11, 2009

Merry Christmas Jason!

Well, after 7 years of collecting and cutting and piecing together, I FINALLY completed Jason's quilt. I've actually been really close for some time now but it was just so big that I wasn't sure how to finish it off. I have to say, this thing is the BIGGEST quilt I have ever seen. It fits our King sized bed and actually hangs down almost to the floor. I wish I could figure out a way to get a picture of the whole thing but I don't have a single spot of floor in our house big enough to lay it out on. to give you an idea of the size, I used almost 10 yards each of the batting and the flannel on the back. Needless to say, I am pretty darn proud.
I've actually enjoyed it quite a bit myself as Jason is out of town doing interviews and he usually serves as my personal heater. This baby is so thick and heavy, I slept great last night despite the cold.

We are spending Christmas in Idaho this year so we actually had our own personal gift exchange last week so don't worry, this wasn't a spoiler.

P.S. for those of you who saw the "Zach's First Gumball" post earlier. Don't worry! He didn't actually Eat the gum ball. He just thought it was a bouncy ball so he kept throwing it. We traded it out for a real bouncy ball after the video. I don't know that gum balls are recommended for 2 yr olds. LOL!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Wow, lucky Jason! It looks great!!

Rees said...

Great job, Teryn! Did you have a pattern to follow? I'd love to know where you found the pattern! I made a jean-quilt years ago, but it is only small and works great for picnics. I would LOVE to make a big one! Heaven knows, I have p-l-e-n-t-y of denim around here --- Kevin and I keep growing out of our pants ;-)