Friday, September 18, 2009

Artwork by Zach

So, I've been REALLY bad about posting lately haven't I? I guess my focus has been elsewhere. Zach is definately growing up so fast. It's tough to keep up sometimes- literally! I have to keep my running shoes on since he never seems to stop running. I enrolled him in a class through the community to get some 'out of the house' socializing in. It's supposed to be a sort of toddler fitness class where they get to dance and run around. So far, the dancing isn't so much his thing but the running, of course, is a hit.

They also have a arts & crafts time. This week we painted with cars. What could be more fun! I expected Zach to go wild, rolling back and forth as fast as he could. What was I thinking? Zach is a very thoughtful kid and, of course, even the rolling of the cars were slow and meticulous. It was like he was intently concentrating on getting the lines just right. Here's his masterpiece:
When Jason got home he was SO excited to show his creation to his dad. He ran the painting over to Jason and then picked up a car to show him just how it was done, rolling it over the picture for him.

Last week was equally exciting. We learned about the animals on a farm, well everybody except Zach who was way too interested in driving the tractor around. Of course! The craft that day was to paint the mud for Mr. Pig with pudding. He loved it and, as you can see, he actually tried to keep the mud in the puddle outline. I tried to get him to go crazy with it and spread it all over (the stray smudges at the top were actually mine) but NO, once again he very carefully painted the picture just the way he thought it ought to be. And then snacked on the "mud" just a little bit.
That's my boy!

0 comments: