Saturday, April 11, 2009

I won!!!


I may have mentioned before, but a while back I joined this photography group online. A friend of mine told me about it and I thought it would be a fun way to practice some photography skills. Basically the premise is that 2x per week we are given a word and then 24 hours to take a NEW picture that, to us, represents that word. Then at the end of the challenge we all vote so choose 1 picture that is the best take on the challenge and 1 that is the best overall picture. I have added a picture link in my sidebar that I will update as each challenge comes along so that I can show what I've done.
Anyway! The point of this post is... this last one... I WON!!!
Me, the amatuer of the century. I actually won- Best Overall even. This is the picture I submitted for the theme of "Black and White"
This was taken on a walk over by my friend's house. It was a beautiful day with a bright blue sky but when I turned the picture black and white I got this great scary path into mystery. I was pretty excited about the picture but the others were also great so I didn't think in a million years that I would actually win! It's funny, there's no prizes or anything but it still feels really good.
Horray! I won! (I may or may not have done a little dance)
Check out Mission 24 to see my competition

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow! that is an awesome picture I love it! You are getting so good at this photography thing!

Melissa B said...

Congrats! That is a great picture.

Mindy said...

You totally deserved this win, Teryn! I love this picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Beeeeauuuutifullllll.