Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paranoia

We are still working on finding just the perfect picture for printing in our living room. The weather here has turned cold so these are our best shot. I love the imprint of Jason's cell phone in his front pocket. And how great is it that my kid actually looks AT the camera. Seriously- there is nobody even there! We took these pictures with a remote and a camera on a tripod. (Oh- we're at the zoo for those of you wondering where we found such a perfect backdrop. The Bears are off to the left.)

On a more serious note. I have had a sudden streak of paranoia with my child today. I'm all antsy and on edge and don't really know what to do with myself.

Here's the story. We laid him down for his nap at.. oh... 11? or so. Then he slept. AND slept. AND slept. This was wierd since he's had minimal naps for the last couple of days. So, I finally decided to go check in on him. He was cuddled up with the blanken I made him a few weeks ago. He must have been deep asleep because he was very very still.

So I looked for a breath or a sigh- and I didn't see it. His blanket was covering him and he was on his side. I stepped up to his crib and touched his shoulder lightly. He still didn't move.


I FREAKED!!!!


I tore him out of the bed. His eyes popped wide open and he looked at me like I was a total crazy person. My knees were shaky. I think I saw my life- or maybe just his- flash before my eyes. Seriously- I'm still on edge and it's now 11:00. I put him down for bed at about 9:30 and I've already run up to check on him twice. I feel like I should go out and purchase one of those movement monitors for high risk infants.

We'll see how well I sleep tonight. He's OK.... He's OK.... He's OK...

0 comments: