Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Insomnia

Would you believe that it is 5:00 in the morning and I'm awake, blogging? Well, it's true and to make it worse I've actually been awake since 3:30 when the little one woke for his usual snack. I know, he's 8 months old. He should be sleeping through the night. I just don't have the patience or the ability to let him cry and to be honest it usually isn't too bad. I wake up. Feed him for no more than 10 minutes and then I'm back to sleep. It usually doesn't really affect me so I just keep at it. This morning was different for some reason. Things swirling through my mind. Things I need to make sure to do today. People I'm supposed to remember to call. Stuff I wish I could do but probably won't have time. So, I got up and here I am. Oh! And here's my little man... I think I shed a tear when I saw him in his little suit. So grown up!!!




















Thank you Grandma Gundersen for the very shnazzy diggs. And Yes, he appears to be standing unassisted! Mostly he's propped against the stairs there but there may or may not have been a bit of a tumble at the end of our photoshoot. We recovered alright though. I'm sure that is just the first of many.

So, a request for advice from the mothers out there. What do you do when your child decides to boycott his bottle?? I'm still working so I worry about him not getting the nutrition that he needs while I'm away. We have bought every type of bottle we can find to try with no luck. Thankfully, he has an awsomely patient babysitter who basically spoonfeeds him his milk. Still, we can't keep that up forever. What happens when it's time to wean him from breastfeeding? What if he gets dehydrated? Loses weight? Gets sick because he doesn't have enough vitamins?

I know as a mom I'm prone to being a worry wart but is this normal?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he ready to try sippy cups? Parker went straight from nursing to sippy cups --- no bottles inbetween. Parker was older, though --- like 18 months. Yeah...I nursed him FOREVER. Anyway, they have sippy cups with soft rubber spouts that sometimes babies like. It's a suggestion at least. Good luck! Oh, and by the way, he looks SO CUTE in his suit :)