Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Memory of...

"The Pink Thing".

This strange pink blob is acutally one of those toys you win out of the claw machines. Jason won it for me while I was pregnant with Zach. Yes, it's pink but we didn't know what we were having at the time and it was the most win-able. Since then Zach found that he could make this neat popping noise by pulling on the strings of his pink toy. This was probably one of his most favorite toys and saved our sanity on more than one occasion. Unfortunatley, the pink thing was left at Shaila's wedding reception and, sadly, never seen again. We have since found a similar toy in green. (much more masculine) It's much smaller and doesn't quite have the same popping power but it's still entertaining to watch. I found this video the other day of our beloved pink thing and just had to share.

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Farewell pink thing toy :( we shall miss your wiggly jiggly and the pop! Farewell... Farewell!

Tami said...

What a sad post...ode to the pink thing that shall always be with us in spirit! ,)

Leslie said...

Oh, so sad. Tommy had a special toy that we lost at the zoo. We found a replacement but Tommy wouldn't touch it. He know it wasn't the original. Does Zack like the new green one?

Ronnica said...

Cute blog! Of course, the baby pictures help. =)

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week!

Unknown said...

Wow..what a small little world isn't it? I am impressed that someone knows about Haldon... (I have to drive through it to get to Sweden!) Love to hear more about your family over here! Thanks for popping by & sharing some bloggy love on my big SITS day!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink thing toy. This is my favorite video of Zach because I've watched him play with it in person, so it's a tender memory.

GrandmaH